On November 18, BYD announced that the cumulative orders for its Song L fastback SUV exceeded 11,000 units in the past 17 days after pre-sale opened on October 31. The Song L will be officially launched on December 15 in China. Customers can choose from a total of five models with a price range of 220,000 – 280,000 yuan (30,500 – 38,800 USD).
In terms of appearance, the Song L is based on BYD’s latest Dragon Face design language. Notable design elements include slender through-type headlights, frameless doors, hidden door handles, a suspended roof, an electric wing, and sporty 20-inch rims with red calipers. Its coefficient of drag is as low as 0.255Cd.
Positioned as a medium-sized SUV, the BYD Song L measures 4840/1950/1560 mm, and has a 2930 mm wheelbase. It is available in five exterior colors, namely, orange, green, white, black, and gray.
Coming to the cockpit, it is covered in a large area of suede material with either an orange, white, or gray background. There is a 10.25-inch full LCD instrument panel, a large 15.6-inch floating central control screen, and a 50-inch AR-HUD, supported by the latest generation of BYD’s DiLink operating system. At the same time, the DiPilot advanced driving assistance system is also present, which can realize more than 30 functions such as driver fatigue monitoring, autonomous parking, and lane change assist.
Other features include NFC key card and UWB phone entry, a 12-speaker Dynaudio audio system, ambient lighting, and a fragrance system.
The BYD Song L is offered in both single-motor two-wheel drive and dual-motor four-wheel drive versions that are integrated with CTB (cell-to-body) battery technology and a DiSus suspension system.
- A 150 kW rear asynchronous motor or 230 kW permanent magnet synchronous motor
- 550 km or 662 km CLTC cruising range, which corresponds to a 71.808 kWh or 87.04 kWh Blade battery pack
- 8.6 seconds or 6.9 seconds for the official 0 – 100 km/h acceleration time
- Has an additional front electric motor with a maximum power of 150 kW, bringing the maximum combined power to 380 kW
- 602 km CLTC cruising range, which corresponds to an 87.04 kWh Blade battery pack
- 4.3 seconds for the official 0 – 100 km/h acceleration time
- 201 km/h top speed