Back on 26 September 2022, the Xiaomi backed Tianjin Gongjiangpai Auto Technology announced that with their experience on car modifications they will build its own electrified sports car named Small Sports Car SC-01. As customers who paid a deposit for the SC-01 sounded concern of the car remaining in production limbo, the first white SSC SC-01 sports car has finally officially rolled off the production line. The two-seater electric sports car with a pre-sale price is under 300,000 yuan (42,000 USD). SSC intends to commence sales of the SC-01 in China within 2024.
- Length: 4105mm, Width: 1830mm, Height: 1160mm, Weighting at approximately 1370kg
- Center of gravity height: 380mm, aimed the level of GT3 racing cars
- Hood adopts a front-flip design
- Brake disc diameter: 350mm, equipped with yellow front six-rear four integrated cast calipers
- Chromium-molybdenum steel tube frame body, mid-mounted battery layout for lightweight construction
- Equipped with a curved windshield to reduce drag coefficient and optimize aerodynamics
Interior & Configuration
- Physical buttons
- Racing seats
- Edifier audio system
Power & Energy Consumption
- Electric motor total peak power: 320kW, Peak torque: 560N·m
- Supports various drive modes, including front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, four-wheel drive, and sport mode, with autonomous adjustment
- Uses active thermal management technology
- Central innovative navigation power battery with an energy density of 160Wh/kg
- CLTC comprehensive range: 520km, Charging time from 30% to 80%: less than 25 minutes
Noting the placement of the car battery, one should suspect the weight distribution of the SC-01 to be similar to a mid engine sports car, e.g Lotus Elise and Toyota MR2. The SC-01’s batteries will emulate the classic mid-engine sport car of its engine positioning in the middle of the car ensures a balanced weight distribution among all four tires. This setup maximizes traction during cornering, braking, and acceleration. The centralized mass contributes to the increased responsiveness.
Tianjin Gongjiangpai Auto Technology received significant funding from Xiaomi. Since the Xiaomi SU7 will be manufactured by BAIC, one may assume that the SSC SC-01 may be built by BAIC. However, this information has yet to be confirmed. Will SSC SC-01’s price tag of 42,000 USD, bring as much attention as the similarly priced MG Cyberster will remain to be seen. It is still unclear if the SSC SC-01 will be available internationally at this stage.
Source: Small Sports Car