On November 13, IM Motors announced that the number of orders for its IM LS6 all-electric SUV has exceeded 28,000 units within one month since its launch on October 12. Currently, customers can choose from four models, including three two-wheel drive versions and one four-wheel drive version, with a price range of 229,900 – 291,900 yuan (31,900 – 40,000 USD):
- MAX Super Performance (702 km): 291,900 yuan
- MAX Super Long Range (760 km): 273,900 yuan
- MAX Long Range (680 km): 249,900 yuan
- MAX Standard Range (560 km): 229,900 yuan
A firm order means the deposit is not refundable.
Positioned as a medium-to-large SUV, IM LS6 measures 4904/1988/1669 mm, with a 2950 mm wheelbase. Its coefficient of drag is 0.237Cd.
In terms of safety, IM LS6 comes standard with a level 2 advanced driving assistance system (ADAS) realized via 11 exterior cameras, 12 ultrasonic radars, three millimeter-wave radars, and a lidar. The ADAS functionalities include automatic emergency braking, merging assist, lane keeping assist, traffic sign recognition, full-speed range adaptive cruise control, lane changing assist, and autonomous parking. The more advanced autonomous ramp exit/entry and memory parking functionalities are optional.
Coming to the cockpit, the number of physical buttons is minimized and there are several screens, including a 26.3-inch LCD instrument panel, dual central control screens, an optional 15.5-inch co-pilot screen, and a 10.5-inch screen on the center console. In addition, the scroll wheels on the steering wheel have a metallic texture.
The in-vehicle operating system is supported by the IM OS, powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8155 chip. Other configurations include voice interaction, wireless charging for mobile phones, a heated steering wheel, and 256-color ambient lights.
The standard trunk volume is 697L. The second-row seats can be folded down to increase the trunk volume to up to 1672L. The trunk comes standard with an electric tailgate. At the same time, there is a panoramic sunroof.
IM LS6 is available in two power versions: single-motor rear-wheel drive and dual-motor four-wheel drive.
- MAX Super Performance 4WD (702 km): 787 hp/800 Nm, 800V platform, 0 – 100 km/h acceleration time of 3.48 seconds, 100 kWh ternary lithium battery pack
- MAX Super Long Range (760 km): 515 hp/500 Nm, 800 V platform, 100 kWh ternary lithium battery pack
- MAX Long Range (680 km): 340 hp/450 Nm, 400V platform, 0 – 100 km/h acceleration time of 5.9 seconds, 90 kWh ternary lithium battery pack
- MAX Standard Range (560 km): 314 hp/450 Nm, 400V platform, 0 – 100 km/h acceleration time of 5.9 seconds, 71 kWh ternary lithium battery pack
It is worth mentioning that the ternary lithium battery packs are supplied by United Auto Battery, which was a cooperation between CATL and SAIC. The battery pack has an eight-year warranty or 240,000 km, whichever comes first. Under fast charging, charging for 5 minutes can increase the range by 200 km, and charging for 15 minutes can increase the range by 500 km.
Source: IM Motors Weibo