BYD’s Denza aims to sell 10,000 N7 electric SUVs monthly, interior unveiled

Reading Time: 4 minutes

News like this to your inbox or phone?

Weekly summary to your inbox

Never miss and important news

Get Instant notification once the news is published.

Denza N7 electric SUV was unveiled on March 22, and today we obtained pictures of the interior and some additional information. The car will be launched in June, and Denza aims to sell 5,000 units/month this year and 10,000 units/month next year. The price will be between 350,000 – 450,000 yuan ($60,000 – $65,000).

- Advertisement -

The N7 will have only a pure EV version and support 200 kW charging. The upcoming cars in Denza’s N series (N8 and N9) will feature EV and PHEV versions. N7 will also be the first car to be equipped with BYD’s new Yun-nian car cloud system. The vehicle is officially positioned as a ‘shooting brake SUV’; however, it seems only as an attempt to stand out from the crowd as its appearance is a classic fastback SUV, and its main competitor will be Geely’s Zeekr 001.

Denza, a premium NEV brand, was created as a 50:50 joint venture between BYD and Daimler in 2010. However, Mercedes-Benz AG Group has since reduced its stake in the company and currently holds only 10% of the shares. On the other hand, BYD now owns 90% of the stake and independently develops its model line. Assembly of Denza models takes place in BYD’s Shenzhen plant.

- Advertisement -

Denza currently features the Denza D9 MPV and plans to introduce the Denza N7 SUV fastback to the market in the summer. Additionally, the Denza N8 SUV, based on the BYD Tang, is set to launch in the Chinese market later this year.

Denza has stated that the N7 model utilizes BYD’s Cell-to-Body (CTB) technology, whereby the vehicle’s battery is integrated into its frame. This integration enhances the car’s torsional rigidity. Additionally, the N7 will come equipped with an air suspension system.

The Denza N7 has a wheelbase of 2940 mm and dimensions of 4860/1935/1602 mm. For comparison, Zeekr 001 size is 4970/1999/1560 mm, and the wheelbase of 3005 mm.

- Advertisement -

The entry-level model of N7 has a single electric motor that delivers 230 kW (313 hp). The top-tier variant features two electric motors with a combined power output of 389 kW (530 hp). The Denza N7 uses LFP batteries that FinDreams Industry, a subsidiary of BYD, produces. The vehicle is scheduled to be released in the summer of this year.

The Denza N7 boasts a sleek interior complete with a unique dash-top speaker shaped like the Denza logo, three LCD screens, and a flat-bottomed steering wheel. The beige color scheme dominates the cabin, outfitted with a Devialet sound system.

Denza N7 interior

Editor’s comment

I was actually expecting Denza N7 launch two days ago to get much more attention. This is currently the hottest BYD car to hit the market and obviously adept for EU expansion. Also, we can see the competition between BYD and Geely is accelerating. In the last few months, it was Geely who was, rather than leading, following the trends as they launched the answer to the success of BYD DM-i cars, their series called Galaxy. But now it is BYD answering to the success of Geely’s Zeekr, which sold 70k units in China in 2022 and aims for 140k sold units in 2023.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisement -