The GAC Aion’s Hyper GT fastback SUV launched in China with gull-wing doors, 340 hp, 770 km of range, and a starting price of 213,900 yuan (29,520 USD). It is available for purchase in six trim levels. The Hyper HT’s main competitors are the IM LS6, Tesla Model Y, and Xpeng G6.
Hyper was initially a series under GAC Aion. Its first model was the Hyper GT sedan, launched in July this year. Recently, Hyper became an independent brand aimed at a high-end audience. Its second model was the Hyper SSR supercar with a starting price of 1,286,000 yuan (176,400 USD). Today, the third model of the Hyper brand has entered the Chinese market. It is the HT SUV coupe.
More on Hyper HT
The Hyper HT is a mid-size fastback SUV on the AEP3.0 third-gen electric architecture. Its main benefits are flexible powertrain options, a low center of gravity, and an upgraded body structure. The Hyper HT’s styling follows the brand’s design language: smooth shape, round headlights, and retractable door handles. Its dimensions are 4935/1920/1700 mm with a wheelbase of 2935 mm.
The main Hyper HT’s feature, rear gull-wing doors, is available only in two trim levels. Inside, the Hyper HT has an oval-shaped three-spoke steering wheel. Behind the wheel, we can see a gear shifter and a thin LCD instrument panel. The center console of the Hyper HT has a 14.6-inch floating screen powered by GAC’s ADiGO 5.0 operating system. Its center tunnel has two 50-W wireless charging pads and a hidden compartment. Another feature of the Hyper HT is 22 Dolby Atmos speakers, available as standard.
Every Hyper HT version except the top-trim car can be equipped with an optional ‘Luxury’ package for 12,000 yuan (1,655 USD). It comprises Nappa leather, a 10-point massage function for the first row of seats, and heated rear seats.
Hyper HT powertrain and price range
The Hyper HT comes with RWD only. And still, it has four powertrain options:
- RWD, 245 hp, 355 Nm, 0-100 km/h in 6.8 seconds, 70-kWh LFP battery, 550 km CLTC
- RWD, 245 hp, 355 Nm, 0-100 km/h in 6.8 seconds, 72.7-kWh LFP battery, 600 km CLTC
- RWD, 340 hp, 430 Nm, 0-100 km/h in 5.8 seconds, 80-kWh NMC battery, 670 km CLTC
- RWD, 340 hp, 430 Nm, 0-100 km/h in 6.2 seconds, 93-kWh NMC battery, 770 km CLTC
It is worth mentioning that the Hyper HT with a 70-kWh battery supports battery swap technology. As for 80-kWh and 93-kWh versions, they support high-voltage fast charging.
As mentioned, the Hyper HT has six trim levels. The entry-level car has a round-view camera, adaptive cruise control, LED headlights, heated and ventilated front seats, and 22 speakers from Dolby Atmos. The top trim level offers gull-wing doors, heated rear seats, a parking system, and electrically powered doors.
- 600-km RWD Technology Version – 213,900 yuan (29,520 USD)
- 550-km RWD Battery Swap Version – 213,900 yuan (29,520 USD)
- 670-km RWD High-Voltage Version– 229,900 yuan (31,725 USD)
- 670-km RWD High-Voltage NDA Version – 244,900 yuan (33,795 USD)
- 670-km RWD Gull-Wing Doors High-Voltage NDA Version – 285,900 yuan (39,450 USD)
- 770-km RWD Gull-Wing Doors High-Voltage Max Version – 329,900 yuan (45,520 USD)
The Hyper HT has entered the Chinese market. Here, it will rival lots of competitors: Tesla Model Y, IM LS6, Rising R7, Xpeng G6, etc.