On December 28, Dayun Group’s Yuanhang Auto launched its H8 all-electric six-seater SUV. A total of five models were launched with a price range of 349,800 – 559,800 yuan (49,200 – 78,800 USD), available in rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive. The H8 is the second model launched by Yuanhang after the Y6 all-electric sedan.
Positioned as a large SUV, the Yuanhang H8 has a size of 5230/2015/1760 mm and a 3126 mm wheelbase, with a 2+2+2 seat layout.
All Yuanhang H8 models come standard with level 2 advanced driving capabilities, which can realize traffic jam assist, highway driving assist, lane change assist, lane center keeping, full-speed range adaptive control, rear cross-traffic alert, and automatic emergency braking.
Consumers can choose from single motor rear-wheel drive and dual motor four-wheel drive. All models have a top speed of 210 km/h.
Two rear-wheel drive models
- 250 kW/400 Nm electric motor
- 88.42 kWh and 100 kWh ternary lithium battery pack options, which correspond to CLTC cruising range of 610 km and 700 km, respectively
- 0-100 km/h acceleration time is 6.5 seconds
Three four-wheel drive models
- 250 kW/345 Nm front electric motor and 250 kW/400 Nm rear electric motor
- 88.42 kWh and 100 kWh ternary lithium battery pack options, which correspond to CLTC cruising range of 560 km and 650 km, respectively
- 260 kW/370 Nm front electric motor and 260 kW/480 Nm rear electric motor + 150 kWh ternary lithium battery pack, providing a CLTC cruising range of 950 km
- 0-100 km/h acceleration time is 3.8 seconds
Under fast charging, it takes 30 minutes to charge from 20% to 80%. An optional external discharge function with a maximum discharge power of 3.3 kW is also available.
Coming to the interior, the design layout of the front cockpit is basically the same as that of the Yuanhang Y6. A large area is wrapped in leather material, providing the background against a flat-bottomed double-spoke multi-functional leather steering wheel, a 12.3-inch floating full LCD instrument, and a 17.38-inch central control screen with a vertical layout that comes with a built-in AliOS smart cockpit system.
In addition, the Yuanhang H8 also provides functional configurations such as an AR-HUD, a 27-speaker sound system, 256-color ambient lighting, a face recognition car entry system, voice recognition, and a digital rearview mirror.
In the current market, electric SUVs with similar price points to Yuanhang H8 include the AITO M9, NIO ES8, and Audi Q5 e-tron. With limited brand awareness, can Yuanhang H8 stand out in the market?