Here we have a very black 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, seen in a suburb of Beijing by reader Lao Wei, thank you for the pictures! The 2013 Shelby GT500 is the most powerful road legal Mustang ever made. The new 5.8 liter supercharged V8 poops out 662hp and 856nm, good for a jet-fighting 325 kilometers per hour top speed.
Ford does not export the Mustang to China, thereby missing a colossal opportunity to make a lotta money.The gray market walks away with the cash instead. The 2013 Shelby GT500 sells for 1.248 million yuan or 197.000 USD in China, while in the US it only costs some 50.000 USD. Most Mustangs are sold directly to Chinese dealers by American dealers on the U.S. West Coast.
This black example with yellow racing stripes was spotted on a snowy dirty day in the capital, the mud makes the Mustang look even faster! Alloys in matte grew contract nicely with yellow but don’t go too well with black. Still, this must be one of the most impressive cars spottable in Beijing today.
Ready to wake up the sleepy suburbs at any time of day…
Someone on facebook pointed out, correctly, that this isn’t a 2013.
yes does not appear to be a 2013. it has 2013 tailights but a 2010-11 rear bumper. front grilles are pre-2013 as well. hood is not oem. with all these points, i’m not even sure that this is even a gt500?
My conclusion: it is a 2012/2013 GT500 and make it looks like a super snake.
) Rims are not right, should be Super Snake style, rims are from 2012/13 GT500.
2) Gold or yellow color roof Le Mans strip is not available by Shelby (only black, white,blue, grey,red in 2013-2014, black or white in 2011-2012, only black 2007-2010)
3) front and Side snake emblem have only a snake for GT500 without “Super Snake” marking.
4) no quarter window plate or scoops (as standard but can be deleted)
5) no carbon fiber body components
6) 2012 tail pipe and 2013 rear lights.
7) Hood looks like SuperSnake.